Michael E. Nolan
San Leandro, California 94577
(510) 701-7869 (mobile)
Summary of Qualifications
Project Management, Online and Electronic Product Design and Publishing
Technology & Training Consultant, Electronic Publisher
Michael Nolan Consulting
2000 – Present
· Provide training and technology consulting services to individuals and businesses.
· Website design and development
· Native and Web App design and development.
· PC software and hardware consulting.
· Online and multimedia training, curriculum development
· Conversion of existing materials and content to electronic publishing formats.
· Design and build audio-visual technologies and installations, teleconferencing.
· Coordinate technology acquisitions with onsite training and implementation.
· Education and training of executives and staff on technology selection.
· Technology reviews of existing client systems, software and hardware.
· Multimedia, Internet and software development, testing and consulting.
East Bay Regional Park District
2008 – Present
· Oversee operational activities of EBRPD websites; design development and maintenance.
· Perform day-to-day updates of Park District’s websites and social media.
· Graphic design, website design, content copy editing and proof reading.
· Develop and implements new content or functionality.
· Maintain and incorporate new web technologies, features, and navigational tools.
· Design, development, and maintenance of website documents, templates, graphics, and functionality.
· Consult with EBRPD departments to plan, organize and define new project requirements.
· Perform routine evaluation and tracking of performance, and security
Edusoft / Riverside Publishing Company a division of Houghton Mifflin Company
Content Operations Manager
2004 – 2008
· Manage of all phases of online content project planning, content development, content creation.
· Manage internal and external developers, content providers, internal technical and non-technical team members.
· Manage Content Operations Personnel, set goals, provide mentor-ship.
· Built inter-departmental relationships with contributing content vendors and school districts.
· Manage and maintain standards for branding, guidelines, templates, tools, designs for production and portal sites.
· Develop and document a scalable support infrastructure.
· Develop and implement scalable support infrastructure, ensuring the quality and efficiency.
· Maintain appropriate communications and processes exist between Publishers, Clients, Engineering and Marketing
· Develop metrics to measure organizational performance and customer satisfaction.
· Technical troubleshooting & problem-solving skills supporting Internet products and technologies.
· Develop site content, web pages, marketing materials, e-Marketing content, promotional pieces.
· Create and collaborate with other department heads; marketing and e-marketing.
· Documentation creation with an emphasis on delivering a quality Content Operations service.
· Leadership skills with the ability to hire, manage, coach, train and retain top technical support talent.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize projects and objectives.
Boston Reed Company / coursesonline.com
Project Manager, Online Producer and Web Developer
1999 – 2003
· Manage planning, creative development, content adaptation and technical specifications for all online projects.
· Managed internal and external developers and content providers.
· Design functionality of dynamic, commerce enabled, educational product sales and administrative websites.
· Co-developed strategic marketing plans and managed technical operations for over 100 California Adult Schools.
· Manage branding of affiliated Adult School partners and Boston Reed corporate websites.
· Collaborated with internal sales agents and technical personnel to insure accurate online product and promotional information.
· Managed training of internal instructors, instructors and administrative personnel.
· Managed internal budgets, monitored costs and personnel scheduling.
· Produced website analytics reports and visitor data.
· Develop processes for content creation, product promotion and distribution of digital assets.
· Implement standards based archiving techniques for the back up, retrieval and restoration of all digital projects.
Continuing Education of the Bar, California
1994 – 1999
· Design and plan CEB’s first e-commerce website, for the marketing and sales of over 350 publications and programs.
· Research, co-designed and co-developed award winning CEB Practice Libraries® online and CD-ROM research software.
· Research, co-designed and co-developed, database driven electronic forms product, SmartLaser 2000™.
· Manage technical support department for Practice Libraries® and SmartLaser 2000™.
· Supervise internal publishing database conversion, text conversion, and electronic media production.
· Produce promotional content and interface designs for marketing and product sales web sites.
· Develop digital and analog content standards and data manipulation techniques for software products.
· Map and track electronic product feature sets and interface designs for version control of software releases.
· Archive and track product information, technical data and electronic files across multiple networks.
· Develop in-house systems for electronic product documentation.
· Train professional and lay staff on new hardware and software systems.
· Manage outside vendors and Univeristy approved contractors.
Continuing Education of the Bar, California
Senior Producer / Director
1988 – 1994
· Produce broadcast quality video and audio training programs.
· Direct, engineer and edit multi-camera programs throughout the state of California.
· Pioneered live teleconferencing and digital streaming media of legal education programs.
· Maintain all media department computers, video and audio equipment.
· Maintain, cataloging and preserving both analog and digital media assets in the department’s media library.
San Francisco State University
· Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast Communication Arts.
· PC and Mac literate
· Microsoft Office Product Specialist, Microsoft Project
· Adobe Product Specialist; Acrobat, PhotoShop and Premiere
· Macromedia Product Specialist; Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash and ColdFusion
· QuickTimePro, QuicktimeVR, RealProducer and SoundForgeXP
· FolioVIEWS Product Specialist
· Access, Filemaker and Quark
· Working knowledge of ASP, Java, JSP, MySQL, Unix and XML
Association Internationale du Film d’Animation (volunteer webmaster for ASIFA-SF)
Maier Racing Enteprises
Restoration Parts Source
Dyer Stephenson – Strategy for Global Markets
Vector Mayflower – Relocation Services
Paths of Grace
No Corkage Fees
Greenwood & Moore
Van Austen Creative
Bay Area Mustang Association
Broadmoor Neighborhood Association
Tim Hallahan – Interactive Legal Skills
Online Class Registration Systems (ColdFusion & Oracle)
Hayward Adult School
http://www.adultedreg.com/hayward/ (now closed due to sale)
Online Course Delivery System for over 90 California Adult Schools (ColdFusion & Oracle)
http://www.coursesonline.com/ (now closed due to sale)
[ TOP ]